We stopped for early dinner at Pickles Place in Arco and enjoyed a so-so meal. The road from Arco on down to Rexburg is really nice with no traffic. We arrived at our hotel by 7:30. Tomorrow we head north, going the long way around to Mammoth Hot Springs.
Saturday, June 20, 2020
Sunday June 14 Craters and Pickles
We left home at about noon. The weather had cleared after morning rain showers but it was cool - mid 50s. We took the Scenic Route 20 from Mountain Home and made the obligatory stop at Craters of the Moon. Of course, I had to take a few minutes to scramble up to the top of Cinder Cone for a spectacular view. The wind was howling at hurricane force so one could barely stand up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Summer of Busted Trips
The is the year of the COVID-19 Pandemic which has closed everything down since March. Now, in mid-June, things are opening up a bit, but no...
-
The weather finally cleared by afternoon, although it’s still cold! I got my two miles in this morning by hiking around the boardwalks on th...
-
We left Rexburg about 9:00 and headed north to West Yellowstone. Instead of going right into the park, we headed north on Rt 191 through Big...
-
Cold and rainy again this morning. I did my 2 miles around the boardwalks of the lower terraces. Tomorrow I’ll do the upper parts. Breakfast...




No comments:
Post a Comment