Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Thursday - Leaving for Home

The weather finally cleared by afternoon, although it’s still cold! I got my two miles in this morning by hiking around the boardwalks on the upper terrace. (The video below is Canary Spring) It’s very peaceful since there’s nobody around. The tourists arrive in the park later in the morning as they are driving in from West Yellowstone, not staying in the park.

We stopped at a few places on our way out of the park via Madison and West Yellowstone. Sam saw a black bear, but I missed it!

Lunch break at Henry’s Lake State Park.  We noticed large expanses of balsam root in THREE different colors - orange, pale yellow and white! We took Rt 20 down to Idaho Falls then picked up I-15 to Pocatello.  We stayed at the Quality In and had a nice dinner at Perkins. We’ll be home tomorrow by early afternoon.












No comments:

Post a Comment

The Summer of Busted Trips

The is the year of the COVID-19 Pandemic which has closed everything down since March. Now, in mid-June, things are opening up a bit, but no...